Total Facial Rejuvenation: Extreme Makeover
Posted January 09, 2018 in Facial Rejuvenation
Not the show, but real life.
There is no denying that we want to put our best foot forward when it comes to our physical appearance. Everyone desires to look good because when you are happy with your appearance, that happiness radiates to every other aspect of you. For many people, staying in shape to look good is what motivates them to eat right and exercise. And when you don’t feel like your appearance matches your inner vitality, perhaps it is time to consider making a change.
Your face is the opening statement about your appearance, and if a combination of aging, sun damage, and lifestyle choices has changed your look, or if you are displeased with the underlying facial features you were born with, extreme makeover surgery can help you achieve the facial rejuvenation you desire.
Combining Procedures for Total Rejuvenation
Much like the name suggests, an extreme makeover is just that: extreme. This surgery combines multiple procedures at once, allowing for a complete transformation. And while these can be performed at different times, you will find that it is most beneficial to you (both through recovery time and cost) to combine them, creating a stunning before and after the reveal. Commonly, an extreme makeover procedure involves some combination of the following:
- Facelift surgery to tighten the underlying muscles and remove excess skin from the mid and lower face as well as the neck.
- Eyelid surgery to remove drooping skin on the upper eyelids and heavy bags below the eyes.
- Forehead lift surgery to address sagging brows.
- Chin Augmentation to bring out a sunken chin that can accompany aging.
- Rhinoplasty to reshape the nose. This can include removing nasal humps, narrowing the nostrils, or repairing the nose after an injury.
- Injections, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic or dermal fillers, to soften the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, and to fill hollowed areas on the face.
Balanced Facial Features
While not everyone needs a combination of procedures to achieve their ideal-looking face, combining procedures allows for facial harmony and balance. If there are noticeable signs of aging in many different areas and not all of them are addressed, you run the risk of looking out of balance. This is a telling sign that cosmetic surgery has been performed, which is not ideal. While the goal of surgery is to achieve a youthful, refreshed appearance, you also want that appearance to look natural. Facial harmony means natural results.
Everyone has the ability and right to look as young as they feel. Deciding to improve your natural beauty can allow you to gain confidence that you may have lost or never had. It can allow for your true self to shine through. Visit us at Pearlman Aesthetic Surgery to discuss what the best procedure is to turn back the clock.