“At least 10 people have told me, ‘you look terrific’.... since last week!”
What is BOTOX®?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is an FDA-approved injectable treatment that temporarily freezes or prevents facial muscular contractions, minimizing the appearance of wrinkles and creases. Dr. Pearlman's BOTOX® injections in New York City is the ideal option for those who want to achieve a youthful and taut appearance without surgeries.
As you grow older, your face develops fine lines, wrinkles, and creases that make can you look old and tired. Two factors contribute to the deepening of furrows and wrinkles — loss of collagen and continued use of facial muscles.
A wrinkle preventative option
BOTOX® is among a class of neurotoxin modulators, i.e., injectables composed of botulinum toxin type A, a substance that prevents your facial muscles from communicating with the nerve endings, thus preventing facial muscular contractions. By minimizing muscular contractions, BOTOX® smoothes your wrinkles and facial skin, restoring a youthful appearance.
BOTOX® is one of the world’s most popular cosmetic treatments because it removes fine lines and wrinkles from targeted locations on your face, without scars, bruises, or surgeries. Furthermore, you can resume your daily activities immediately, and the results of the treatment appear gradually over the next few weeks, ensuring a natural transition.
Dr. Pearlman: a proven track record
Dr. Steven Pearlman, a dual board-certified plastic surgeon in NYC, has over 15 years of experience with BOTOX®. He has a proven track record, having treated hundreds of patients without complications. He performs the procedure for men and women of all ages at his New York City practice. Dr. Pearlman is so skilled and experienced that he also trains other physicians in BOTOX® injections.
Besides BOTOX®, Dr. Pearlman also administers FDA-approved Dysport, another popular neurotoxin modulator used to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Dr. Pearlman’s goal is to ensure you achieve natural-looking results, and he carefully examines your facial anatomy to recommend the ideal treatment plan for your specific needs.
Which features can BOTOX® treat?
- Repeatedly raising the eyebrows leads to the formation of horizontal forehead lines.
- Botox is administered on the forehead muscles to help them relax, smoothing out the forehead lines.
- Repeated squinting and smiling actions lead to the formation of fine lines around the eyes.
- Botox is administered around the eyes to help them relax, smoothing out the crow’s feet.
- Overactive chin muscles lead to chin dimples and creases.
- Botox prevents muscle activity in the center of the chin, restoring a youthful appearance.
- As the brows droop downwards, they hood the eyes, projecting a mournful appearance and impairing vision.
- Botox relaxes the muscles that pull your eyebrows down, restoring their natural and youthful arch.
Under The Eyes
- Years of repeated squinting leads to the formation of wrinkles under the eyes.
- Botox® relaxes the facial muscles under the eyes to smoothen the wrinkles and creases.
Platysma Neck Bands
- Over time, you develop vertical bands and creases on your neck due to years of muscle stretches caused by neck movements.
- Botox prevents muscular contractions in the platysma bands, smoothing out the vertical bands in your neck.
Glabella Lines (Angry 11’s)
- Years of furrowed brows, especially during times of concentration, lead to the formation of frown lines, i.e., vertical lines between your eyebrows.
- Botox prevents brow muscle contractions, smoothing out the region between the eyes.
- Over time, the corners of your mouth droop downwards, making you appear eternally sad or upset, colloquially called a “Resting B— Face".
- Botox relaxes the muscles that pull your mouth’s corners down, restoring a neural and youthful appearance.
In addition to its cosmetic uses, BOTOX® is excellent for treating:
- Excess sweating
- Bladder spasms
- Eye spasms
- Arthritis symptoms
- Crossed eyes
- Cervical dystonia
What are some of the key benefits of our NYC BOTOX®?
- Natural-looking changes
- Long-lasting outcomes
- Non-invasive and non-surgical
- No downtime or discomfort
- No anesthesia
- Shorter treatment time
- Helps reverse the signs of aging
- Creates a smoother, more youthful complexion
- Helps reduce crow’s feet, nasolabial folds and furrows in the forehead
- Helps improve one’s self-image
Am I a candidate for BOTOX® Cosmetic injections?
Candidates for our NYC BOTOX® Cosmetic injections have no pre-existing medical conditions and are realistic about the results of their treatment. Potential patients should be non-smokers and refrain from taking anti-inflammatory drugs (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.) for at least a week before and after injections.
Do not undergo BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. A consultation with Dr. Pearlman in NYC will determine if you are suited for BOTOX® Cosmetic injections. If not, Dr. Pearlman has plenty of alternatives that can achieve the same effects.
Before and After Gallery
Why choose Dr. Pearlman for BOTOX®?
While performing injections with BOTOX® may seem like a somewhat simple task, it actually requires the expertise and artistry of a board certified plastic surgeon to ensure that results are seamlessly natural and that they preserve individuality and spontaneity in the facial expression.
Dr. Pearlman is double board certified in both facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and otolaryngology (surgery of the head and neck). Because his focus has been so specific, he has performed thousands of successful procedures to improve the facial area and roll back the clock on aging and is considered a veteran in the field of injectables.
How can I get started with BOTOX®?
Your NYC BOTOX consultation with Dr. Pearlman is an in-depth exploration of your options for treating fine lines, wrinkles, folds and creases, as well as other overt signs of the aging process. There is a small fee for the consultation, but this is applied towards your procedure once it is on the books. Second consultations prior to your procedure are performed at no additional charge.
During your 45-minute initial visit, Dr. Pearlman will examine your face and review your medical history, ensuring your care is personalized and appropriate for your needs. He will answer all your questions in detail, so you will be clear on the cost of the procedure, the downtime, the risks and benefits, and all other matters.
Where will my BOTOX® treatment take place?
All our procedures are performed at Dr. Pearlman’s accredited outpatient facility in New York City, outfitted with state-of-the-art technology and equipment in a luxurious, spa-like setting. Comfort, convenience, personalized attention and the utmost privacy greet you at every visit. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff is on hand around the clock to help answer questions and guide you through your cosmetic journey. We strive to anticipate your wishes and exceed your expectations for excellence.
What if I require more comprehensive results?
The consultation is a great time to discuss with Dr. Pearlman any additional treatments that may be of interest, such as non-surgical facelift, blepharoplasty or rhinoplasty. Dr. Pearlman has a host of facial fillers and injectables at his disposal, which can all be combined to provide incredible improvements in the face and neck, all without incisions, anesthesia or the higher risks associated with surgery. Among these fillers are Juvederm, Restylane, Sculptra, Kybella, Radiesse, Belotero, Dysport and more.
What is the expected recovery time?
BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments simply involve injecting the face with a very fine needle and don’t require incisions, so there is little to no downtime associated with this procedure. In fact, many patients feel good enough to return to work and resume their daily routine as soon as they leave the office, but slight redness and swelling may be apparent at the injection sites.
When will I see results?
The results of BOTOX® Cosmetic will become apparent within a few days after treatment.
How long do the results last?
Results vary depending on the treatment area, but BOTOX® Cosmetic results typically last three to four months.
What is the cost of treatment?
The total cost of the procedure depends on the amount of BOTOX® Cosmetic needed as well as the number of areas that require improvement. During a personalized consultation with Dr. Pearlman in NYC, the total cost of your treatment will be determined.