What Is Blepharoplasty?
The eyes are often the first feature noticed on our face, and they are also one of the first areas that truly reflect our age. They say “the eyes are the window to the soul” but what if your eyes are revealing the wrong message? We blink thousands of times a day. As we get older, the skin and muscles surrounding our eyelids begin to loosen and sag. Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty can effectively restore a youthful look to your eyes and improve the overall attractiveness of your face. If you are bothered by eyes that appear to be aging, it’s time to explore the options of cosmetic surgery with Dr. Steven Pearlman.
Benefits of Blepharoplasty
- Provides a more youthful, rested and alert appearance
- Restores a sense of vibrancy and self-confidence
- May restore impaired vision by reducing eyelid hooding
The Blepharoplasty Procedure
- Incisions are made in the natural creases of the eyelids to remove excess skin and fat while adjusting muscle tissue.
- Eliminates sagging skin or hooding that may impair vision
- Reduces fine lines and puffiness of the upper eyelids
- Incisions are often completely hidden inside the eyelid so no one can ever tell you had surgery. This is called transconjunctival blepharoplasty. We sometimes combine this with laser or an incision just below the lash line of the lower eyelids to remove excess skin.
- Eliminates loose skin and fine wrinkles in the lower eyelids
- Reduces puffiness and bags under the eyes
- We often perform a more natural conservation blepharoplasty by preserving the fat that was bulging and creating the bags, then re-position that fat pad into the hollow area. We use your own fat to create a smooth contour. The “hill above” is lowered and the excess placed in the valley that was beneath.
Blepharoplasty is often combined with other facial cosmetic procedures. Blepharoplasty treats "tired eyes," while a brow lift is more for droopy eyebrows or an "angry" look. We also combine blepharoplasty with facial peels or laser and facelift surgery.Brow Lift Facial Peels Facelift
What Is The Recovery Time For Blepharoplasty?
In most instances, patients can return to work within 7 to 10 days.
How long do the results last?
The results of blepharoplasty last for many years. The tissues around the eyes will continue to age naturally over time.
Will scarring be noticeable after surgery?
Incisions are made in the natural creases of the eyelids and sometimes completely hidden inside the lower eyelid to make scarring as inconspicuous as possible.
How soon after surgery may contact lenses be worn?
Most individuals can wear contact lenses about one to two weeks after surgery is performed.
What is the best age to undergo an eyelid lift?
Although most individuals are in their 40s and beyond when they undergo eyelid surgery, some people may decide to undergo the procedure in their 30s and occasionally even in their 20s.
**Results May VaryBefore & After Photos
Pearlman Aesthetic Surgery Office
Whether you are local or traveling from afar, our Concierge service will make youy as comfortable as possible from your first visit through your recovery period.