“I'm feeling better about my everyday appearance. Great experience overall. I knew I wanted fillers, as well as a surgical consult for work in the future. I am extremely satisfied with the fillers, and can't wait to get the work done.”
What is lip enhancement?
Lip enhancement, also known as lip injections, lip fillers, lip augmentation or lip enlargement, can be performed in a variety of ways to improve the size and shape of the lips. Lip augmentation creates fuller, more defined and voluptuous lips.
As we age, the lips tend to flatten and lose their definition. Mature patients often request lip enhancement or a lip lift to restore a more youthful shape and fullness to their lips.
Dr. Pearlman’s Cupid’s Bow Technique
Talk of celebrity lip augmentations gone bad is ubiquitous, from Hollywood celebrities to Desperate Housewives, and some are taking cosmetic treatments just too far.
Dr. Pearlman treats each lip augmentation patient based on his or her needs to create luscious lips with a natural appearance – no “trout pouts” or “duck lips” here! Dr. Pearlman’s Cupid’s bow technique has been featured in Vogue magazine, and it continues to be a popular treatment for subtle yet sensuous lips. Best of all: no one will be able to tell you’ve had anything “done.”
The Benefits of Lip Enhancement
- Fuller lips
- Attractive lip shape
- More defined lips
- Lips that signify youth and beauty
- Improved self-confidence
- Reduction in vertical lip lines
- No side effects
- Minimally invasive
- No downtime
- Long-lasting results
- Natural-looking outcomes
Who makes the best lip injections candidates?
Lip injections is an excellent procedure for anyone who is suffering from thinning lips that are beginning to lose their volume and show tiny vertical fine lines and lines around the mouth. In general, patients undergoing any type of cosmetic treatment should be in good health, both physically and emotionally, and they should have realistic expectations for their outcome, based on a private consultation with Dr. Pearlman in the comfort of his New York City offices.
During your initial visit, Dr. Pearlman will examine your lips and work with you to choose the best approach for your needs and unique anatomy. The doctor offers lip augmentation with lip fillers, implants, or fat transfer, as well as lip lift and lip reduction.
Lip augmentation with fillers
- Creates fuller, shapely lips
- Provides enhancement for four to six months
- Can be completed during a simple in-office treatment
- Hyaluronic acid substances (Restylane® or JUVÉDERM®) are most commonly used
Lip fillers »
Lip reshaping (Cupid’s bow technique)
- Restores lip shape and enhances lip size
- A hyaluronic acid filler is used to add volume
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is used to soften lines
- The filler is delicately placed along the border of the lips to re-define the rim and restore the “Cupid’s bow” (akin to lip liner)
- Next, filler is placed in the substance of the lips to create fullness (akin to lipstick)
Lip reshaping »
Lip augmentation with implants
- Creates fuller, shapely lips
- Provides longest lasting enhancement
- A small incision at the corner of the inside of the lips is used to insert a soft silicone implant
- We offer SurgiSil Perma Facial Implants™ for the lips, which are made of soft silicone and FDA approved for augmentation of the face
Lip implants »
- Creates smaller lips for patients whose lips are overly large
- Maintains a natural lip appearance
- An incision inside the mouth is used to remove a strip of red lip skin and some lip tissue
- Surgical reduction of large lips to create more sensuous natural lips
- Can also be used to remove excess silicone or other fillers in the lips
Lip reduction »
- Lifts and reshapes the upper lip
- Restores the “Cupid’s bow” shape at the center of the upper lip
- An incision in a natural crease is used to remove a small amount of skin below the nose and shorten the area above the upper lip
- Reduces the “skin” portion of the upper lip, so there is less space from the bottom of the nose to the vermillion of the Cupid’s bow. This will also turn the upper lip outward creating a fuller upper lip as well
Lip lift »
What can I expect from recovery from treatment with lip injections?
Lip enhancement with Dr. Pearlman usually requires very little downtime, thanks to the doctor’s conservative, advanced techniques. You will usually be able to return to your routine the same day. Some swelling and bruising are to be expected, but these typically resolve within hours or by the next day. If you have undergone lip augmentation with implants, then it may take up to 3 weeks for swelling to dissipate.
What about combining procedures?
A variety of other procedures can be combined with lip enhancement to provide full facial rejuvenation. These include laser treatments, eyelid lift surgery, brow lift surgery, facelift surgery, and many more.
How much does lip enhancement cost?
The cost of lip augmentation can range anywhere from $500 to $2000, depending on the complexity of the procedure, on which technique is used to fill the lips. Dr. Pearlman will present you with a full quote upon your confidential New York City consultation.
Before and After Gallery
FAQs Lip Enhancement
How do you avoid producing overdone, fish-like lips?
It is Dr. Pearlman’s belief that the results of lip augmentation should look completely natural. Unfortunately, poorly performed treatments and over-filled lips give this procedure a bad name. Artistic placement of fillers along the border of the lips (the “lip liner”) followed by filling the body of the lips (the “lipstick”) can yield beautiful yet natural-looking lips. This can be done tastefully for small lips and still look beautiful. Your doctor should know when to say “no more.”
Is there an age requirement for lip enhancement patients?
Ideal candidates for lip enhancement are finished with puberty and done growing, and there is no upper age limit for the procedure. Patients of almost all ages desire this procedure to attain lush, sensuous lips.
How will I know which procedure is right for me?
A complete dialogue with Dr. Pearlman in NYC will help determine the best procedure for you. Dr. Pearlman can help choose the right treatment, from the simplest to the most complex, short-term to long term results, and least to most expensive, based on your needs.