What is Lip Enhancement?
Lip enhancement or enlargement can be performed in a variety of ways to improve the size and shape of the lips. Lip augmentation creates fuller, more defined and voluptuous lips. As we age, the lips tend to flatten and lose their definition. Mature patients often request lip enhancement or a lip lift to restore a more youthful shape and fullness to their lips.
Dr. Pearlman’s Cupid’s Bow Technique
Talk of celebrity lip augmentations gone bad is ubiquitous, from Hollywood celebrities to Desperate Housewives, and some are taking cosmetic treatments just too far. Dr. Pearlman treats each patient based on his or her needs to create luscious lips with a natural appearance – no “trout pouts” or “duck lips” here! Dr. Pearlman’s Cupid’s Bow technique has been featured in Vogue magazine, and it continues to be a popular treatment for subtle yet sensuous lips. Best of all: no one will be able to tell you’ve had anything “done.”
The Benefits Of Lip Enhancement
- Fuller lips
- Attractive lip shape
- More defined lips
- Lips that signify youth and beauty
Lip Enhancement Procedures
Lip Augmentation With Fillers
- Creates fuller, shapely lips
- Provides enhancement for four to six months
- Can be completed during a simple in-office treatment
- Hyaluronic acid substances (Restylane® or JUVÉDERM®) are most commonly used
Lip Reshaping (Cupid’s Bow Technique)
- Restores lip shape and enhances lip size
- A hyaluronic acid filler is used to add volume
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is used to soften lines
- The filler is delicately placed along the border of the lips to re-define the rim and restore the “Cupid’s Bow” (akin to lip liner)
- Next, filler is placed in the substance of the lips to create fullness (akin to lipstick)
Lip Augmentation With Implants
- Creates fuller, shapely lips
- Provides permanent enhancement
- A small incision at the corner of the inside of the lips is used to insert a soft silicone implant
- We offer SurgiSil Perma Facial Implants™ for the lips, which are made of soft silicone and FDA approved for augmentation of the face
Creates smaller lips for patients whose lips are overly large
Maintains a natural lip appearance
An incision inside the mouth is used to remove a strip of red lip skin and some lip tissue
Surgical reduction of large lips to create more sensuous natural lips
Can also be used to remove excess silicone or other permanent fillers in the lips
- Lifts and reshapes the upper lip
- Restores the “Cupid’s bow” shape at the center of the upper lip
- An incision in a natural crease is used to remove a small amount of skin below the nose and shorten the area above the upper lip
- Reduces the “skin” portion of the upper lip, so there is less space from the bottom of the nose to the vermillion of the cupid’s bow. This will also turn the upper lip outward creating a fuller upper lip as well
Lip Enhancement FAQs
How do you avoid producing overdone, fish-like lips?
It is Dr. Pearlman’s belief that the results of lip augmentation should look completely natural. Unfortunately, poorly performed treatments and over-filled lips give this procedure a bad name. Artistic placement of fillers along the border of the lips (the “lip liner”) followed by filling the body of the lips (the “lipstick”) can yield beautiful yet natural-looking lips. This can be done tastefully for small lips and still looks beautiful. Your doctor should know when to say “no more.”
Is there an age requirement for lip enhancement patients?
Ideal candidates for lip enhancement are finished with puberty and done growing, and there is no upper age limit for the procedure. Patients of almost all ages desire this procedure to attain lush, sensuous lips. This can be done tastefully for small lips too and still looks beautiful.
How will I know which procedure is right for me?
A complete dialogue with Dr. Pearlman will help determine the best procedure for you. Dr. Pearlman can help choose the right treatment, from the simplest to the most complex, short-term to permanent results, and least to most expensive, based on your needs.
** Results may varyBefore & After Photos
Pearlman Aesthetic Surgery Office
Whether you are local or traveling from afar, our Concierge service will make youy as comfortable as possible from your first visit through your recovery period.