Hair transplants are the most natural and effective way to restore a more youthful appearance to those who suffer from hair loss. While countless shampoos, topical creams, and oral supplements exist to boost hair production, nothing compares to the result available from physically recreating a hairline with your natural hair follicles. At Pearlman Aesthetic Surgery, we offer a full range of hair restoration services, including our popular (and traditional) FUT hair transplants in NYC.
What is an FUT hair transplant?
FUT stands for follicular unit transplantation and is the technical name for "strip harvesting" where a narrow strip of your scalp is used as a donor site for a hair transplant. FUT is the most common and traditional method of hair transplantation, and it comes with some astonishing benefits:
- High success rate: Hair transplanted in an FUT procedure has an excellent rate of successful reintegration into your scalp, resulting in a more youthful, vital appearance.
- Maximum results: The FUT hair transplant method allows your surgeon to transplant significantly more hair in a single session than other methods.
- Fast and easy: Unlike other methods that may require extensive time in extracting hair follicles individually, the process of harvesting the donor site from your scalp can be completed in a matter of minutes.
- Best for those with long hair: FUT transplants are ideal for those with long hair, as you are not required to shave any portion of your head or alter your existing hairstyle in any way.
The FUT hair transplant experience
- Consultation: An FUT hair transplant always begins with a consultation where we fully educate you on the procedure, perform a detailed analysis of your existing hair and scalp, and design your FUT hair transplant procedure in NYC.
- Preparation: We will then proceed to identify and prepare the donor site for extraction.
- Strip harvest: Once we've prepared the donor site, we will excise a small strip from your scalp and immediately close the incision with nylon sutures.
- Grafts prepared: The donor strip is then carefully processed. The follicles are individually removed and prepared for transplant and integration into the target areas of your scalp.
- Anesthesia: Once we're ready to begin the transplant, the target area of your scalp will be numbed with local anesthesia for your comfort.
- Implantation: Tiny incisions will then be made throughout the target area of your scalp and the new grafts will be inserted.
- Recovery: Once the transplant is complete, we will gently cleanse your scalp and give you detailed aftercare instructions to ensure the transplant is successful. Most patients are sufficiently recovered to resume most activities within a few days, with limitations on actions that are strenuous or outdoors.
- Suture removal: After ten days you will return to our clinic to have the sutures removed.
- Results: Within the first couple of weeks, you can expect to see the newly transplanted hair shedding. This shedding is a normal and healthy part of the process as your newly transplanted follicles initiate a new growth cycle. You can expect real growth within the first three to four months, after which it will grow normally along with the rest of your hair.
Am I a candidate for FUT hair transplant in NYC?
The best candidates for an FUT hair transplant are those who are dissatisfied with a receding hairline or bald spots and who desire a long-term and effective solution. Like any medical procedure, an in-person consultation is required to ensure the procedure is safe for you. We generally accept those who:
- Aren't pregnant or breastfeeding;
- Are in generally good health; and
- Don't smoke.
If you smoke, you may have to quit for the weeks leading up to the procedure and during recovery as nicotine can adversely affect the healing process.
Why choose Pearlman Aesthetic Surgery?
Our expert team at Pearlman Aesthetic Surgery has extensive experience performing successful FUT hair transplants in New York City – and we are proud of our reputation for excellence in this custom treatment. As with any surgery, a successful transplant depends on the skills of the surgeon – and our professional, top-rated team is one of the best in NYC.