Things You Will Need After a Rhinoplasty
When you leave the hospital or doctor’s surgical suite after your rhinoplasty, you won’t exactly be in the mood to run to your local pharmacy or a bookstore, so you’re going to want to have everything you need on hand for a restful recovery.
Here’s a list of some things you might want to consider getting before your surgery:
1. Your prescriptions. Fill them out ahead of time and take them with you on the day of your surgery. You’ll want access to your pain medication when you need them, which usually is during the ride home.
2. A pad of paper and a pen to write down when you’ve taken your medications. It’s rather easy to forget when your brain is still hazy post-op.
3. Lip balm. An odd choice but you’re going to have dry mouth and lips like you’ve never had before.
4. Plenty of beverages. The key is to stay hydrated. You may get tired of water, so consider stocking up on other types of beverages like juice, and flavored water.
5. A U-shaped travel pillow. This will come in handy for keeping your head positioned upright as you sleep.
6. Frozen things like peas or berries. Ask your surgeon about this. If they want you to ice, frozen produce works great but just make sure to clean the bag with alcohol and wrap in a towel before applying to your face.
7. A thermometer. You’re going to want to keep tabs on your temperature. The reason being if you start getting chills, you need to check if you have a fever and, if so, report to your doctor right away.
8. Laxative/stool softener. This is for the pain medication. It can do crazy things to your digestive system.
9. Keep yourself entertained as recovery can get boring. Make sure to have lots of reading and watching material handy.
10. A humidifier. This will really help with dry mouth and lips, especially during the winter.