Could you be causing your own chapped lips?
Posted September 13, 2012 in All Posts
Chapped lips are exactly what they seem: they look painful because they ARE painful. If you suffer from painful dry lips often, you may be causing them yourself. Let’s discuss how you may be causing your chapped lips, and what you can do about it.
Causes of chapped lips include:
- Constantly licking your own lips
- Eating too much salty food
- Wearing non-moisturizing lipstick
- Applying astringents or tonics too close to your lips
- Cold and windy weather (without wearing lip balm)
- Dry air in your home or office
- Biting your lips
Recognize any of these behaviors? Identifying the cause is at least half of the solution. Try changing the causative products and see if your chapped lips go away. You’ll be amazed at what lip balm, a humidifier, or changing your bad habits can do.
Copyright 2012 Total Social Solutions. All rights reserved.